Project Life Weeks 8 & 9 (better late than never)

12:42 PM

Like so much of the country, we have had awful weather in Montana the past few weeks. My scrap room is in our basement, which is not the most insulated place in our house. When the temps dip below zero, its really way too cold to do anything in my space, even with the use of a heater.

So, there's my excuse for being late with my Project Life!

Anyway - here's Week 8:


I didn't take a lot of photos this week, so I needed to do some emergency pocket-filling. One pocket got some extended journaling, one pocket got this really cool filler card for the Sochi Olympics, and then I did a quick filler card with one of the first/last page cards from the Kraft core kit with a die cut.  Crisis solved!

Here's the left side....


...and the right side....


I used the Kraft kit this week, along with kraft die cuts from the Studio Calico Sugar Rush kit. Letters on the title card are Amy Tangerine. The Olympics card comes from Melanie Britt's blog. The photo collage card comes from Cathy Zielske via Designer Digitals. Love her templates!

And now for Week 9:


This was the week when the most recent Winter Apocalypse hit. I know we live in Montana and it's supposed to be cold in the winter - but having subzero temperatures on the first of March is unheard of! So, I got a bit snarky with my journaling and photo documentation.


I used the Dear Lizzy Polka Dot Party mini kit this week. I liked the light mint green colors in the kit, which went with the "cold" pictures very well, as well as some of the colors in my other photos.

The letters on the title card are American Crafts Thickers.  The "oh joy" die cut as well as the "celebrate" and "life" die cuts on the right page are from the Dear Lizzy Polka Dot line.  The "hate this winter" letters are Kelly Purkey and the "Bundle Up" flair is a 2 Peas exclusive.


The right side is about celebrations. My mother's 67th birthday was Saturday (the day it stayed below zero - poor thing!) so I included some pics from her celebration. Alyssa had fun celebrating one of her friends' birthday. And Zack....well he decided to do some grocery shopping for himself & I thought that was cute.

It is now much warmer here in the Northern Inter-Mountain West. All that snow we had last week has resulted in flooding this week. And my roof is leaking from all the snow piled on it. Oh joy!

Until next week......

You Might Also Like

4 comments

  1. Great layouts. Love all the journaling you do and really love the color scheme you chose for week 9!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Followed your blog name from your two peas post. If you hyperlink your blog in your signature there you will get more visits!
    Fun post...lots of snow and the prblems that go with it. Great pages and some lovely PL kits.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the comments!! :)

      How do you add a hyperlink to a signature on 2 Peas? I posted the same question in another thread, but nobody has answered me.

      Delete

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook

Flickr Images