AE Story Stamp - Prompts

4:54 PM

Hi everyone!

I want to share the layout I made using Ali Edwards' new Story Stamp subscription & monthly class.



The assignment was to use one of the prompts on the stamps as a story starter for a layout. After seeing this photo of my kids (who were definitely not thrilled with having their picture taken), it made me think about how the relationship they now have as young adults is growing and changing. The prompt "I want to remember" stuck in my head and I decided to use that prompt as the basis for my layout.

I started by using a cluster stamping technique. I placed a variety of stamps from this month's set on a large acrylic block like so:


Using StazOn Ink in Dove Grey, I stamped multiple images on the top half of an 8 1/2 x 11 sheet of white card stock. This particular grey ink was light enough to make the design subtle for a background.


Because "I Want To Remember" is the theme of this layout, I highlighted the phrase with a pale yellow gelato stick and then went over it with a wet paintbrush to make it look like watercolor. The effect is subtle, yet still makes the phrase stand out among all the other phrases.

I used a minimal amount of embellishments surrounding the photo. To finish it off, I stitched the bottom border and the Thickers title to add some dimension and stability for the Thickers. These chipboard Thickers tend to fall off after a while & I wanted to make sure they stayed put!


I really love how this background turned out! I think the key to making sure it doesn't look to "busy" is the use of a less-vibrant ink. A strong ink color would just overwhelm the layout.

And check out Ali's Story Stamp subscription!!!! :)

You Might Also Like

11 comments

  1. Great layout. Your ink choice was perfect. Michelle t

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like the cluster technique!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great design! I love how you used the stamps to make the background. I might have to give that a try! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love how you made all the stamps fit on a stamp block. I will definitely have to try this!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Really love how you used this stamp set! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is such a great LO. I really love how you made your own patterned paper with the stamps - such a great idea. And putting them all on the same block is very clever!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you so much! I got the idea from Jennifer McGuire's blog. My next step is to learn how to do cluster stamping with multiple colors of ink.

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook

Flickr Images