Week In The Life - Day 1

11:07 PM

Welcome to Week In The Life 2015! This is a week-long daily life documentation project conceived by the fabulous Ali Edwards. You can find out all sorts of information about WITL on her website: www.aliedwards.com.

Notice the picture above. Notice how there is nothing in there that is "perfect." Yes, my kitchen is a mess. Yes, there are dirty dishes in the sink. You know what? This is real life for me right now. This is what I am documenting. I encourage you to move past your idea of "perfection" and document your life as it is now. I think that makes the most meaningful project.

Here's my Monday:

I take daily medications. It's part of who I am. I document it.

The day started out just like most weekdays in the summer. I picked Mom up and we went to breakfast at McDonald's.

Mom likes a little bit of iced tea with her lemon.

We usually eat breakfast in the restaurant, but today, we took it back to my house. I was waiting for FedEx to deliver the Nikkor 24-70 f2.8 lens that I rented from BorrowLenses.com specifically for this week.

After breakfast, my neighborly feline visitor came by for some petting.

I have no idea where this cat belongs, but he's super sweet and loves to be rubbed under his chin. I am so happy to oblige!

Mom and I have been working on projects for my yard all summer long. Today's task was to glue and nail the trim on this wonderful deck box she built for us. It's made out of redwood and will hold all the stuff that gets dumped on my front porch on a daily basis. It will also provide extra seating. We worked methodically and with few problems.

The only setback we had was the bees!!!! I am deathly allergic to bees and had one land on my arm. I freaked out, probably shouted out a few f-bombs, and went into full panic mode. I have a bottle of castile soap mixed with peppermint essential oil, which keeps the bees at bay for a while (they hate the scent of peppermint). I went nuts with the spray, totally covering the porch! It still smells like a candy cane!

The afternoon was spent relaxing. I love watching HGTV in the afternoons. Today was a "Love It Or List It" marathon. Nice, mind-numbing entertainment.

After FedEx delivered my lens, Mom and I went to lunch at Perkins. You can see how thrilled she is to have her picture taken. And that cheeseburger was so yummy!

Mondays in the summer are grocery shopping day for Mom. We hit Albertsons.

When I got home, Rob was already home from work, working on programming our new Siriux XM receiver he ordered from Amazon. This one has a color display and twice as many presets as our old one. I'm sure there are other things it does, but I haven't had a chance to play with it yet.

In the evening, I had to complete first aid/CPR training for my job at the YMCA. I've been through this class so many times, most of the info is engraved in my mind. But, there's always new stuff to learn. For example, did you know that when doing the Heimlich, you thrust from the belly button, not from under the ribs? News to me!

Because I got home so late from my class, we ordered pizza for dinner.

Works for me!

You Might Also Like


  1. Nice review of your day. I hope I can take so many photos of my days. Have fun documenting and thanks for sharing! 😊

  2. Nice review of your day. I hope I can take so many photos of my days. Have fun documenting and thanks for sharing! 😊

  3. Thanks for sharing! Will have to try out your peppermint mixture.


Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook

Flickr Images