Throwback Thursday - My First Layout

6:00 AM

Yup - here it is - my very first layout!


Isn't it amazing??????

(and yes, I'm being sarcastic!)

If you read my post here on practicing techniques before you scrap, this is what I came up with after several weeks of playing with pics of my nieces and nephews. I put this layout together in the summer of 2008, when sticker-sneeze and cutting photos into shapes were on their way out as popular techniques. I think I did a good job of using color, especially color blocking with solid papers. I like how I did the title. And, I like how I did less of the "sticker sneeze" and more grouping stickers into purposeful layouts.

My design, however, sucked! There is no clear focal point photo, no direction to lead the eye, and nothing visually anchoring the photos and embellishments to the page.

But, you know what? Scrapbooking is an ongoing learning experience. I've been doing this for six years now. Each layout I complete is a stepping stone to a better layout. And when I'm in my 80s and still scrapbooking, I'll still be learning and growing.

There is no finality to our hobby. Even the scrapbooking goddesses out there are still learning and growing.

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook

Flickr Images