December Daily - Day 3

5:00 AM

During December, lots of people wonder how to include those not-so-merry moments into a December Daily album. My Day 3 provides a great example of how to accomplish this.


The Story: At 11:30 on Wednesday night, we got a call from my mother-in-law. My father-in-law was in the hospital. He has been in and out of the hospital for the past few months for bowel obstructions due to excessive scar tissue. Well, this time, they found a 1-inch hole in his bowel and a LOT of stool leakage. The doctors were able to clean up most of the leakage and repair the hole, but due to his weakened body, the likelihood of infection is great.

In other words - we're a bit freaked out!

So, how to document this.....


The Design: I didn't want to take photos of my husband's family - that seemed too intrusive (but you know the scrapbooker in me considered it for a split second). I decided to take a photo of the outside of the hospital. That way, there is a visual representation of the story, but it's respectful for all those involved.

I wanted the papers and embellishments to keep with the holiday theme, but still be subdued to honor the story. The "real life" stamp on the photo is from Ali's "Black & White" Story Kit.




Here's to hoping Day 4 is a little more merry!

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook

Flickr Images