Project Life 2014: Week 1

4:18 PM

Yay for a new year of Project Life!!! This is my third year doing this project. In 2012, I began doing PL in May and completed most of that year. Last year, I actually kept up to date (for the most part) and finished the album even before the new year began (yay me!).

My mom surprised me today with a late Christmas gift - the Seafoam kit. Can I tell you how much I love this kit???? I love the softness of the colors, the simplicity of the design, and how the cards complement the pictures without distracting from them. Why didn't I get this kit sooner????

Anyway, here's Week 1:


Please forgive the amateur photography. I'm still learning how to photograph these layouts. :)

This week was dominated by the weather. How DARE it get cold and snowy in Montana in January?!?!?! Alyssa needed to pick up a pair of snowshoes and a ski backpack for her snow mechanics class this semester. We had enough snow in the front yard that she could practice walking in her snow shoes without "looking like a dork" once she gets up on the mountain.

Each month, I use one of the "month" cards from the Seasons Mini-Kit, add in the dates, and embellish it. The blue of the January card went well with the Seafoam kit colors. The stamped circle is from Ali Edwards' Look Here Flair stamps from Technique Tuesday and cut with a 1" circle punch.


I attempted to get a little "crafty" with my cards this week by running a VersaMark watermark pen line along the white lines on the cards and then heat embossing with American Crafts embossing powder. It looks OK - kinda messy though. Not sure if I'll attempt it again.


That's about all she wrote for Week 1. I'll continue practicing photographing layouts - maybe by the end of the year, I'll get it down. :)

You Might Also Like

1 comments

  1. I love the wood veneers and banners on the top pic! Great job!

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook

Flickr Images